proverb






An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The red thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break. --Chinese proverb

Saturday, July 4, 2015

The rooftop

I discovered the rooftop of our building today.  Doing laundry Chinese style.  Mrs. Huang, who makes our dinners, gave me some hangers and a little clip thing to use to hang laundry on the roof! 

If I lived here, this is where I would hang out.  I'd make a cool rooftop garden like those on the buildings next to us.  One guy even has chickens on his roof and another has a pigeon coop.  I'd make my garden out of scraps of nothing just like they do, hauling up bags of dirt to fill buckets and raised beds made of old brick.  But I'd also add some flowers.  I'd make it really pretty up here.  And I'd get a lawn chair. 

It is another beautiful day weatherwise in the low 70s with no humidity.  I sat up on the roof to read my book for a while.  But I had to sit on the hard concrete as there is no place to sit. When I looked around to see if the other   roofs had chairs, they didn't either.  I don't understand why people don't use this space for anything but laundry!! It does have a certain smell to it - sometimes of food cooking, sometimes of something rotting depending on how the wind blows.   But it is quiet up here and so removed from the craziness and all of the people below.  I could make a cool place up here. 

Marnie

No comments: